Religious Education Curriculum
Through Religious Education classes, we hope to engage our children and families in the faith, helping them to grow in their understanding of the content of the faith, and grow in their personal relationship with God.
Kindergarten - 6th Grades:
The K - 6th grade program meets on Monday afternoons from 4:00 - 5:00 PM on a weekly basis.
- Grade 2 (First Reconciliation and First Communion): Believe Celebrate Live: Reconciliation & Eucharist (2 books, both by Sadlier), and My Booklet about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
- Kindergarten: No workbook, use other activities provided by the parish (Clip & Tell Bible Stories, coloring pages, worksheets)
- Grades 1, 3 - 5: WeBelieve workbook from Sadlier
- Grade 6: The textbook is the Bible, suplpemented by worksheets and activity pages that teach things like how to look up Bible passages, and the stories of the Old Testament.
Personal Safety Program: All grades also have personal safety sessions each year. K - 5th grades use Second Step, and 6 - 8th grades use the Archdiocesan mandated program Created for Love (the three years cover being created in the image and likeness of God & the dignity/ respect that is inherent in all creation (6th grade), virtue building & making good choices (7th grade) and vocations, healthy relationships & God's Mercy (8th grade).
Optional additional materials from Project Nazareth with also be available for families who would like to spend more time as a family discussing and reflecting on the weekly readings. Those will be included in our weekly Religious Education email.
7 - 10th Grades:
The 7 - 10th grade classes meet twice a month from 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
- 7th: Encounter Middle School Bible Study (Ascension) & Created for Love- virtue building & making good choices (RCAB)
- 8th: Altaration Mass Study (Ascension) & Created for Love- vocations, healthy relationships & God's Mercy (RCAB)
- 9 - 10th: Chosen (Ascension) is primary text with some chapters from Decision Point (Dynamic Catholic)
- Catholic School Confirmation: Decision Point (Dynamic Catholic) (NOTE: The Catholic School Confirmation program is 1 year starting in the fall of 10th grade)