As Many of you have probably heard, Needham’s risk level for COVID-19 transmission was raised last week to “Yellow” meaning that there is an elevated risk in our town right now. This bulletin will go to print before the next weekly update, so that may change – for better or for worse. Let us hope it is for the better.
At any rate, as we continue our public celebration of Masses, this seems a good time to remind you of a few things:
- The dispensation from attendance at Mass remains in effect at this time. Nobody should feel that they have to come to Mass at this time.
- If you are not feeling well in any way, especially if you are running a fever, you should NOT come to Mass. Remember that the most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath and fatigue.
- Masks should be worn by everyone inside the church. The exception would be for those under the age of two. Parents are to decide what is best for children between the ages of two and five.
- Practice social distancing in the church:
- Sit in only the open pews and use the tape marks within the pews to keep six feet between you and persons from other households in the same pew.
- To help with seating, PLEASE sign up online, or call the office to sign up, each week, for the Mass you intend to be at. This is important as more and more people are feeling comfortable coming back to Mass and our attendance has increased in recent months, especially at the 4:00 on Saturday and the 8:00 on Sunday. If you show up without signing up, we cannot guarantee you a space. Please note that when larger families are signed up, we try to reserve pews for them in advance as it is more difficult to find seating for them if others are spread out over the church.
- Please try your best to be early (or at least on time!) for Mass to make sure that everyone is seated safely.
- Observe the one-way aisles while in the church.
- Practice good hand-hygiene by washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer which is available at the doors of the church.
Please be aware, also, that should Needham fall into the RED category, or high risk, on the state map, the Archdiocese will require us to take the temperature of everyone entering the church and anyone with a fever will not be permitted in.